If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Poole Park Railway

Discussion in 'Miniature Railways' started by nick813, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MrC

MrC New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  2. MrC

MrC New Member

From what I have been told this evening from a reliable source the truth is rather different, and a lot more positive, than the news report suggests. This does not surprise me!

3. MrC

MrC New Member

More good news: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne..._railway_back_on_track_for_summer_re_opening/

FOPP are looking for volunteers to help replace the track and anyone with knowledge of miniature railways to come and help. The extension plans I have been told the details of and will allow larger stock to be run as it will do away with the bridge which is shared with the public. It has been suggested to FOPP that they dual gauge it (7.25") which I think they will consider. This will, of course, open up the option of visiting locos. I am hoping to get actively involved in helping them.

4. johnofwessex

johnofwessex Well-Known Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    It seems to me that most miniature railways are run by enthusiasts these days so the news sounds promising.

Some certainly have been run by 'showmen' such as the one at Clevedon.

5. buzby2

buzby2 Active Member

6. MrC

MrC New Member

Popped into the park yesterday (there are lots and lots of goslings!). There are notices up from FOPP announcing their intentions and promising a new website. Looks very promising. I also noticed that the area where the previous operator had his electric go carts has been cleared. Had a look at the track. It is hard to see as much of it is buried, however some sections do look very worn and rusted, others not so bad.